Saturday, December 22, 2012

We're Alive!!

Looks like we survived the end of the world.... again.

Survived 1999. The whole Y2K bug, the various other "apocalypse" predictions in the last several years. If you were one of the people that said that the Mayans just ran out of room on the rock or they thought that maybe nobody would care this far out in the future or whatever else... Good for you! Personally, I think they just ran out of room on the rock. It happens.  It's not the end of the world. ;)

I have given away 3 of the handmade Christmas gifts so far. I ended up making a few things for my husband's coworker. I was feeling pretty random the other day and made my little brother some little ornaments for the tree my mom got him (a tiny one, being he is off in Cali on his mission). I made him a bacon ornament, a pickle, some ribbon candy and a gingerbread man. The coworker thought the bacon sounded awesome. I ended up making the ones pictured below for him. I even got the honors of one of them hanging in his cubicle! The other is going on his parent's tree (he wants it to be a surprise when she is taking the tree down and finds it... haha). The reason it is "honors" is because not just any old thing will get to be displayed in the coworker's cubicle. He mostly puts up collectibles (like special edition action figures or whatever).


The other things I gave in a gift exchange I had with my friend and her bf when they came over to hang out. We played the Michael Jackson Experience, Little Big Planet 2, and ate junk food! She made rum cake that was really moist. I just threw some monkey bread we got the other day in the oven. 
The pink hat I had given her last year. I made her the bob-omb bag this year. (The fuse is the drawstring to the bag, the fuse cap is the lid. It even has the little wind up thing on the back!)  The hat on Pinkie's bf is supposed to be one of the ninja turtles. Kudos if you know which one! (It's his favorite one, which is funny, because it's my favorite, too!)

There is one other I gave already... well Z gave.  It was that bearded beanie I showed a few posts ago. I do have a picture of him wearing it! Woot!!

Well. Until next time!

No comments: