Saturday, February 1, 2014

Knee / Leg Update

So it's been a while since my surgery. Things seem to be going ok.
My quads are still really weak, but at least it's weight bearing and I'm that much closer to walking without crutches. I've been walking with just one crutch for a few days now. Yep. Just leaving the other at home. My leg was so tired the first day I tried that, but I've gotta do it!

The doctor almost thought that my nerves had been damaged or something because of how weak they are. It almost seemed like they were dead. I was having a really hard time "firing" those muscles. I almost had to go get another MRI and a nerve test to check on them.  He had me walk around a little and then lift my leg. For some reason I can move the leg a lot better when I'm standing than when I'm sitting. Is that weird? I think it's weird.

Now I've got some new exercises to do with my leg and to work the quads and hamstrings. I need to massage and elevate my knee when I can so that I can get more swelling out. Hopefully that will make it so I can build up strength and straighten/bend my knee further.

I'm looking forward to being able to walk around the store or to the car or up some stairs without a crutch and without doing this hop/limp type thing.


Well, that's all I really have for now.
I put up a free crochet pattern on my other blog, so please check that out.
I'm still working on what I want to post in the Etsy shop, but I really need to get rid of all this stuff around my home, so maybe I'll just list some of that...
Anything you guys might like to see? Questions and comments are always welcome!


No comments: