Sunday, May 13, 2007

PROM!!!

It was great. We had soo much fun! Well, I did anyway.

We went to the zoo for our day activity. The guys were so funny! Tyler was trying to start a fight with some of the animals, and he and Sterling were talking about wresting some of them. Those poor birds were so picked on.

We went to lunch and Tyler and Sterling each grabbed a big handful of ketchup packets. They didn't use that much, though. (My mom thinks that I should take the ketchup to school and give them to the boys. . I dunno, maybe?)

We went and got ready for the dance. I went to Kayla's house. It was almost time for the guys to be showing up, so we decided that if they came before we were done curling, we'd go upstairs. The doorbell rang. I booked it upstairs.

Jenny (Kayla's sister) came up and told us that they were there and that his (Tyler) tux wasn't all burgandy (it sounded like it was from what he said) just the bow tie and the vest. She also told us that their parents were there! EEEEK!! I was excited! FUN!!! (Jenny said that she would be nervous or scared, not excited.)

Finally we were finished (with some dancing around by me included). I went down first (Kayla didn't want to go down alone (she was done first) and she didn't want to go down first), and I tripped down the stupid stairs! Lucky for me Tyler was standing at the bottom of them! He caught me. Tyler said, "I told you someone was going to trip on that fourth step!" (to Sterling). Sterling told me that at least it was graceful. . . my foot even popped!

When we were taking pictures and after dinner waiting to go. . I was dancing around. It was so fun. They were telling me to save it for the dance. . :( Where's the fun in that?!?! They all thought it was funny I guess, they all laughed.

Kayla was so quiet. She didn't talk much, and she says that she can't dance, so she didn't do much of that either. I danced almost the whole time.

Most of the time we were at the dance we kept asking each other if we were having fun. The answer was always 'yes.' It was funny.

Tyler and I did the waltz, the swing, a few country line dances, and a bunch of slow dances. They played so many freakin' slow-dance type music! At least I had a date this time!! It wasn't so awkward. Just standing there, not wanting to ask anybody to dance, bored. . you know how that is. .! Not this time! :)

You've gotta love guys. They don't really care what everyone else thinks! They looked like they were having a blast.

Tyler told me that he didn't really like heights, so he'd stay away from the windows. The dance was on the fifth floor at the Rice Eccles Tower. There it's hard to stay away from the windows. They're huge (go from ceiling to the floor, on both sides, and no railings). We were by the sides anyway. Tyler just kept his back to the window most of the time.

I saw a lot of people that I know there. Only afew of them were seniors. It's kinda sad.

Tyler had told me that he couldn't imagine crying over that crown. I said that that's because he's not a girl.

Well, after the dance we went to Kayla's sister's house, and watched a movie and had dessert. We ate schmookies. . I think that's what they're called. They're cookie dough baked in a pan, then you put icecream on them. . then eat 'em! Yum. It was fun.

Well, if you can't tell. . .I had a blast!!!! I think the other 3 did, too. They said they did. . I hope so.

No comments: