Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Psychology

I just finished writing my journal post #2 for psychology and emailed it in! It's due in about 23 hours, so now I don't have to hurry and write it all tomorrow morning before class. Woot!

I (hopefully) am getting paid tomorrow (and getting w2s??). I should be getting my certificates (finally!) for dental assisting. My mom has been bugging me about seeing Carma for the past almost 2 years, and Zac for most of the time we have been dating (which will be 6 months on the 9th!!!!)

Cameron wanted to go back to GTI after his field trip thingy to Sundance got over early. He thought it would take all day, but it didn't and so he wanted me to give him a ride up there. (He wanted to go to the last little bit of class.) Zac told me since I was already going to be up there, I might as well see if I could talk to her about it. She was still there and I found my stuff and she said she would finish the last bit of paperwork and submit it to the state. I should be getting it by Friday. That should make it lots easier to get a dental assisting job! :) (don't need the certificate to actually be an assistant, but I'd rather have it. Zac says he'd feel better if I had it than working without it.)

I have to wake up and read about my part of the neuron (the release, binding, and up-take) for our "interpretive dance" we are supposed to be doing in our groups tomorrow for psychology. Interpretive dance... weird.

Also, on Tuesday I found out that the chemicals at work in your brain when you are in the first stages of love (aka infatuation/lust) are very similar in composition to certain drugs... the chemicals at work are dopamine (similar structure to cocaine), norepinephrine (vid said noradrenaline, similar structure to meth), and phenylethylamine (similar to chocolate). So it's like you are on cocaine, meth and chocolate when you are infatuated with someone. How weird!?!? hahaha...

This state of mind can last for up to 4 years! When it wears off, if it's not really love, then you get the "what the heck was I thinking" situation. When it's really love, you have oxytocin and dopamine working in your frontal lobes!

A guy in class asked that if that was the case, that couldn't you hypothetically make a love potion out of those drugs? The instructor decided that that class could get dangerous. Hahaha


Well, good night all you coke-meth-choco heads!

3 comments:

irish said...

I'm glad you finally found carma or carman can't remember which. Where did you find that crazy Valentine? Maybe that's why there are so many divorces after just a few years of marriage--that stuff should set in after 4 months not 4 years and you're all funny. When I was young, I never knew a divorced person. Then there got to be one or two in Downey. My great grand parents got divorced, but I never knew either one of them. Now days there seem to be lots of divorces.

Hope you're having a lovely day. Lots and lots of love.

M3@9@N said...

I probably have to call Carma tomorrow. I haven't gotten my stuff yet, and so if I don't have it tomorrow... I will have to call her. She said on Friday, but I figure things seem to be going slow with the post.

heidi said...

I like the valentine at the bottom of your post. Silly!