Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Crochet Your Socks Off!

I'm so close to being finished with making stuff for everyone. The only ones I have left are the more difficult people. People that I'm not really sure what to make them or what they like. . . or I don't want to get them the same thing they always get. . . or they like things that are hard to find/make.  I'll figure it out. I have a few months left!

Link to Pattern for booties on the left.
Link to Pattern for booties on the right.
They are both on Ravelry.com.
You might need to sign up to get the patterns.
It's free to do so, don't worry!
I also made some booties for my aunt.  She's strapped on time (working full time, going to school, etc.) and didn't have any left to whip some up.  She wanted them for a friend's baby shower. I made the smaller ones first and thought they might be too small, then made the bigger ones. She tried the little ones on her newest grandbaby and there was still wiggle room! 

I had tried out a pattern a few months ago (the one for the smaller ones) but with a bigger hook, so they ended up about the size of the converse looking ones above. My littlest niece fit in them and liked them a lot. Next thing I know, the other two want some slippers! Haha.  I ended up tracing their feet to get a general idea on size (since I won't be around them that much) and tried to get some the right size. I ended up coming up with my own pattern. I'm probably going to keep messing around with variations of that for the oldest one. This is what I came up with for the middle child....

I'm probably going to put some kind of flower on the toe.  It's not very big... maybe a size 1 in toddler sizes. I'll probably post up the pattern later. She chose a bunch of wild colors, but kept comping back to mostly just pink and yellow. The oldest one I'll do in some multicolored yarn. 

Of course, this is all going to happen after I'm done with the handmade Christmas stuff. If you want to see the blankets I made the nieces, look at one of the older posts.  The pictures are there. 

2 comments:

irish said...

Hi, Meagan that world's fastest crochet champion. You have gotten so you can whip out amazing things in record time. Stop by on your way from Brigham city tomorrow for peaches. Lots of love

M3@9@N said...

We rode up with my parents... we didn't stop by. Sorry. We'll have to next time we go up to Layton. We may or may not be going up again a week from Sunday. Hopefully we will see you guys soon! Love ya!