Sunday, April 8, 2007

My Creative Corner

This last week I made some brownies for my friend for her birthday.
The title on the recipe says Texas Sheet Cake or Brownies.
I left out the sour cream. I thought that sounded weird, and a little gross.
Texas Sheet Cake or Brownies
2 c sugar
2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 cubes butter (1/2 lb.)
1 c water
4 tblsp cocoa
1/2 c sour cream
2 eggs
1 tsp soda

In large bowl put sugar, flour and salt. In small heavy pan bring butter, water, and cocoa to boil, take from heat and add immediately to dry ingredients. Add sour cream, eggs and soda. Mix well. Batter will be very thin, pour into greased and floured 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 inch pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes at 375 degrees. Do not overbake -----ice while warm.
If you want brownies, use 2 cookie sheets.

Cocoa Nut Frosting
1 c nuts
1 box powdered sugar (I'm guessing about a lb. ?)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cube butter (1/4 lb.)
6 tblsp milk
4 tblsp cocoa

Boil milk, butter, cocoa until bubbly. Mix in nuts, sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth, spread over warm cake.
Serves 12-15 or if brownies 24-30.
* Make sure you don't burn it!!!

**I just used cream cheese frosting. It tasted pretty good.**

My friend liked it, she said it has a texture that's kind of a mix between cake and brownies. If you decide to try it out, lemme know what you thought of it. :D





No comments: