Monday, September 29, 2008

a trip to the DENTIST!!!


>:3 MUAH-HA-HA-HA-HAAAH!!!



I'm in a dental assisting class and we got to play dentist to the other chillins in our class.




Well...first I was the patient, so I was poked and prodded first! (Jealous??) Well, they didn't really know what they we doing and...well I'm missing 1/2 of my face. It was pretty painful, and now I'm getting reconstructive surgery....I hope it doesn't hurt too bad... :'(


Just kidding!! Actually I did end up with a lake in my mouth. We got to use the mirrors, the water syringe, the vaccums, and the explorer (aka that pointy thing the dentist uses to poke and scrape with). We learned that when you're holding the explorer, you need to rest part of your hand on the patient's mouth (like your pinky on their cheek) for support....that way you won't drop it down the patient's throat. Could you imagine?!?




We got to play with those huge needles last time...ya know, the big 6 inch ones! BUT in dentistry it's not a SHOT, we're not shooting people...we're just numbing you! ;)



I've been wearing scrubs to school, too. They're "sea green" or "real teal"...either way.... I like the color. It's pree..



Playing Dr. I got to move the chair and stuff...I had to sit and mess with it for a bit, cuz I had some problems figuring out how to get the thing to move back up. You feel kinda stupid, actually... The sad thing is that when I went to use the water syringe, the spout wasn't locked in and it soaked my patient.... :( it was a tad embarrassing..... my gloves, his scrubs, his bib....everything got wet it seems!





No comments: