Monday, February 9, 2009

an unpleasant stretch

You know what....I may be a stranger to you, I might not even be your favorite stanger. But I'm a stanger nontheless.

And this stranger has been having a pretty bum day...month actually.

It seems like I have near zilch friend relations, lately. All of my could-be friends don't have a class or lunch with me, and other would-be friends just seem to stab you in the back somehow. I'm not really sure if they mean to do the 'stabageing'...but somehow it always works around to it.

And then there are some guys... Guys are, well, guys. Guys are different from girls in almost every mortally/humanly possible way! It would be nice to have a girl-friend. Not just somebody that is there and talks about whatev and doesn't seem to notice if you're having a realy bad day...even if you're almost to a blown fuse. I think girls tend to be more...emotionally attached. Guys...not so much. They don't know when is a good time, and when it isn't...until you finally do get that fuse to really sizzle.

Don't get me wrong. I adore guys. Most of the time I get along with them better. They don't like to start STUPID FIGHTS!! (ok, sometimes they do...but not over hair or "he's my boyfriend" or "your outfit is fugly." no, most don't hold grudges as long, either.)

I may be totally dillusional because I am, in fact, a girl...so maybe they treat me different. But I think a lot of the time I'm just one of the guys...or maybe just the girl that doesn't freak out over their jokes. Who knows??

Either way...guys are so much easier. I still don't really understand how the male mind works, but I'm sure I'll never completely figure it out.

Having an auto class where I'm the only girl (well...not true, Gretchen has joined my class this semester) has enlightened me.

Sometimes I wish life were just a little bit easier to understand, easier to handle.

Sometimes I wish I could break down the door and see what's just beyond the welcome mat of life, but maybe it's better that I can only go one step at a time...it makes life that much more unpredictable, that much more worth living.

Hopefully it will only get better from here...




Now, a few words from a pretty smart fellow:

"A well adjusted person is one who makes the
same mistake twice without getting nervous."
~Alexander Hamilton

No comments: