Wednesday, March 10, 2010

kettle bells

got my phone fixed! pictures are fun. so much fun.

((kettle bells are these russian things. they're metal balls with handles on the top. they're really heavy!))

so i'm verry sore and i think "kettle bells" are mean. we didn't even use REAL ones!! my legs are dying! it hurts to walk and to try to balance. it just hurts to stand let alone walk up and down hills or stairs. or walk period. or get in and out of chairs.

or to lean to one side. (my obliques hurt too)

or to stretch my arms out... my pecs hurt.

i think my lats hurt. my gastrocnemius (calf) muscles hurt. i think my soleus might. but i can't tell.

SSOOooo. . .basically everything hurts. :'(

i thought that maybe walking around might help a little.
maybe it just made it hurt more. but at least i'm not letting them just sit there. maybe it was the warm shower. she DID say that you shouldn't take a hot one for 24 hours after. . . but i didn't want to take a cold one! :( or maybe it's day-after pains and they were just meant to be.

either way. i don't think i'm EVER doing REAL kettle bells. they weigh a lot more. i was only using 8 lb hand weights. i had to switch to 5 lb weights. it's HARD!!! it's a total work out. and it's one of those sweat exercises. it's not gonna make you look pretty (or feel pretty for the next few days).

you also look kinda like an idiot when you're doing them. my instructor said that we looked like we were all throwing little fits while we were doing the ones on the floor. . . (youtube moment she said)

it's fun to try at least once. but i'm soooo dead!


BLEH!

3 comments:

irish said...

how will your sore muscles ever go roller skating and you are the queen of roller skating. that durrant boy looks cute. who is he?
lots of love, your wishing she was peppy grandmother

heidi said...

I think I probably won't try kettlebells. Uncle David told Sheri he liked it when he did it. I didn't know it was Russian.

M3@9@N said...

they're lots of fun! they just make you hurt for a few days is all. and the durrant boy is a guy i met thru a friend of a friend sort of thing. he's pretty nice. (and i totally think he's cute too!)

i managed to skate that same day, but my legs were almost like jello :\