Thursday, April 25, 2013

Good Things

The Oldsmobile is sold and I do not have to worry about so many things...
Examples:
-Rain.  The windshield would leak! Seriously, if it rained more than just a few drops, the inside of the roof would get damp. Right over both of the visors... or over the rearview mirror. It depends on what mood the car was in that day. Really. If it rained hard, it would drip. I would have to lay a blanket over the steering wheel or else the seat would be wet when I would climb in the car.

-Windows. You can not roll the windows down. The driver's window was stuck. I was just happy it was up. The winter after I got it, the motor broke and the window got stuck down! It was so cold driving to work. Like 2 coats, gloves, a scarf, a ski mask and the heater on full blast kind of cold. The other windows were starting to do the same thing, so I wouldn't let anyone touch the little controllers for them. No sir.

-Freeway.  I suppose you could also say long distance? If you went 60mph the car would shake. It really hated going over the speed limit on Bangerter. We usually took Legacy instead of I-15 (slower speeds and fewer cars).  We only dared go as far as Layton because we didn't want to be breaking down and stranded where we didn't know anybody. In Layton and Bountiful we at least have family.

-The ac and the heater were basically dead. They would finally be working by the time you were parked at your destination... and even then it was iffy.

-The suspension on one of the tires was about to give out, so I dodged that $300 bullet, too.

-The belts didn't seem to like to last long.  :/

Don't get me wrong. For the year and a half we had it, it was a good little 1st car.  It was just getting old and the plastic was getting brittle and not looking too pretty on the inside.

Although, I've seen some that I felt I would need to go get a shot after riding in it. We all know how deathly afraid of needles I am... LIke hyperventilate and have a panic attack and the thought of getting a shot kind of afraid. I know. I'm terrible. I try to get over it, but I can't. I have no idea how.  Hubby jokes that he's going to take me to get a tattoo to get my fears to magically vanish. I really think that would not help in the slightest. That poor tattooer (artist? tattist?) would have the hardest time. I would be the worst ever client.  I could only imagine what would happen...

Good news is, we got approved for a car loan and we are looking for a good car. I'm thinking a wagon or a hatchback or a sedan. Something not little, but not too big. Something we can carry a table in if we bought one. Not to sound Goldie Locks or anything, but I want it just right.  :]



My computer should be all better by tomorrow!  We ordered a new battery and a new charger. The battery came today and the charger should be here tomorrow. We are pretty sure that is what was wrong with it. I sure hope so.



All we have to do now is get the washing machine fixed and then we have the 3 problems fixed!!! That and find the just-right car.  Then things will be golden! (hehe)   That is, until something else decides to go wrong.  Cross my fingers that that doesn't happen for a good long while.


Love, cars and fixed computers....
Meagan.  :]

1 comment:

irish said...

good luck on your car shopping.
It is better to get a different car than keep putting money in a car that everything keeps breaking.

If you don't like needles, stay well and don't go to a hospital. The first thing they do is put in an IV.

Have a happy day!! Lots of love