Friday, May 14, 2010

Old Stuff & New Stuff

I'm kinda lying down while i type this to give my poor neck a rest (I was going to say break, but I didn't really like how the pun would end up fitting in :P ).

Based on this blog i stumbled upon, I have to toss out ALL my old makeup! It's all really old anyway. Some of it I've had for ages (some I don't think I've ever used). I might just get a palette and some new brushes? I want to be able to store it all really easily, too!

Have I mentioned I'm totally excited for Halloween?! I've been watching all these youtube videos on how to do some different looks! From masquerade to fairies to rag dolls to ventriloquist dummies to gory stuff and back to princesses! :) It's so much fun!!! I love it. I still haven't decided if I want to do an 80s cartoon or what yet.

So based on above mentioned blog there was a list of time lengths to keep makeup and tips. Take a look-see:


If you keep makeup too long it can affect the quality and color of the product as ingredients age and as oils from your fingers and face mix with the cosmetics. It can also allow bacteria or fungi to grow and cause infections, most commonly of the eye or lip. Your makeup tools—brushes, sponges, applicators— can also become filled with makeup and oils, interfering with clean makeup appli cation and creating another breeding ground for bacteria. To keep your makeup fresh and clean, get in the habit of taking these steps:

1. Change all eye makeup (liner, shadows, mascara) every three to six months. Liq uid products should be tossed every three months.
2. Change other makeup (foundation, powder, concealer )every twelve months.
3. Change all lip makeup (lipstick, lipliner, lipgloss) every twelve months
4. Stop using lipstick, lip liner, gloss, and balm if you develop a cold sore or fever blister. Replace the products if you accidentally use them during an infection.
5. Wash makeup tools every two weeks in mild soap and warm water. Air-dry.
6. Replace makeup sponges once a month.
7. Store all makeup products in a dry, cool environment. Keep products tightly closed.

Product How long to keep
Foundation 1 year
Liquid foundation 6 months-1 year
Powder 1-2 years
Blush 1-2 years
Eye liner 3-6 months
Liquid Eye Liner 3 months
Mascara 3 months
Eye Shadow year
Lipstick 1 year


I'm sure most of mine is ancient!! Some of it is very new, but others....not so much. :\ I've got so many colors I still haven't used! :[ All well, we'll see if I really do toss it all... Say goodbye to so many pretty colors.

I'm sure I can find tons in those palettes (or was it pallet? lol..I think 'pallet' is for paint?)

I think I would have to date them when I get them... Or maybe it's just when you open them?? Either way, I'd never be able to remember when I got them if I didn't write it on them.

Maybe I'll order some or buy some or whatev when I find the time. I'm sure I'll have tons this summer... (Just have to make sure it's brands that won't make my skin FrEaK oUt!)

I'm wondering about this eye shadow I decided to put on today. It might be what's making my eyes feel all dry... Not sure. Maybe it's cuz they're "too old"?? Dunno.



Plus:
I still need to go through my old clothes! I'm so slow! Haha. Re-do my entire (ok, not the whole thing, but most of it) wardrobe! Some things in there I've had for forever! Like since Jr. High!! Dude...



Next point of business:
I'm probably going with my mom tomorrow morning to see what's up with my neck. (possibly tonight if the wait isn't freakishly long!)

Alie let me have the night off cuz I couldn't get someone to take it & I told her "which way was up" with the past few days. LOL. I just said that my neck still hurts from the accident and I don't know how long I could last at work. Also, that I probably won't be able to see a doctor 'til tomorrow.



Something cute:
My mom came to talk to me this morning, and Thor came with her. He jumped up on my bed & started to kneed the whole bed. Everywhere I wasn't on it, anyway. Then he plopped down next to me and fell asleep. He stayed there for the next few hours until I decided it was about time I should get up. I turned on the lights & he hid his head under part of one of the blankets, using his paw to help shield his eyes from the light. I turned on the radio & he ended up getting out from under the blankets to stare at me for a bit before deciding to leave.

He's funny. ^_^

Well... If my neck feels up to it, I think I'm going to try going through some stuff today. That or go find something to eat... but what? Hmmmmmmm.....


Have a spazz-tastic day! ...or not. :\


(P.S. I was thinking about putting some of my lovely accident pics on here... but I don't feel like hunting down my keys. They have this little keychain drive thing that I can put the little memory card from my phone into it and plug it to my computer... then I can upload them onto here. But I's bein lazy! Mwahahahaha!)

2 comments:

heidi said...

If that's the case about makeup, I have to throw out all the makeup I own. Not that I ever use it anyway, LOL. Do you think maybe the makeup companies say that so you'll use/buy more makeup?

Thor is a silly cat.

Hope your neck gets back to normal soon. :)

M3@9@N said...

Yeah. I was wondering about that. This other Pro Makeup Artist seems to have some stuff she's had for a while... but then she probably goes thru it all fast cuz she does makeup for a living. Idk.

He is silly!

And me too... the drugs should help! :D